Senior Associate, Renewable Energy
The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – Norfund - invests to create jobs, improve lives, and support the transition to net zero. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow viable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About a third of the investment portfolio is in Renewable energy. Financial inclusion, Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries and Green infrastructure are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund also manages the Norwegian Climate Investment Fund that aims to contribute to reducing or avoiding greenhouse gas emissions. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investments portfolio amounts to USD 2.7 billion in 200 companies. The number of employees is about 130.Send søknad
Would you like to work with renewable energy and help finance the energy transition in frontier and emerging markets?
We are looking for a person to join our team in Oslo. We are seeking a result-oriented person, with a strong interest in renewable energy finance in developing countries. The successful candidate must have the capacity to work both in teams, independently and be a resource for others in the team.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Support the investment teams in the full investment cycle from initial screening of investment opportunities, execution of transactions, portfolio management through to exit
- Assist in the evaluation of potential investments, business models and markets.
- Financial modelling and assistance with due diligence and preparation of investment proposals to the Norfund investment committee and board
- Support the management of the portfolio, monitoring performance and follow-up activities
- Update portfolio management system, report on portfolio and support in preparation of investment and portfolio reviews
- Master’s in business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience e.g. from transaction advisory, corporate finance, audit, consulting, banking or private equity
- Excellent financial modelling skills and ability to quickly grasp commercial concepts
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- A team player with strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
We can offer:
- A highly competent and international working environment
- International travel and experience
- A unique opportunity to gain experience with renewable energy investments and the energy transition in developing countries
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The job requires work permit in Norway and the position is based in Oslo. Travelling is required.
Please submit your application and CV by February 20st 2024.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, phone: (+47) 989 01 025, firstname.lastname@example.org or Anette Myhre Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, email@example.com.