We are looking for an Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) Analyst to assist our investment teams across all our offices.
The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – Norfund - invests to create jobs, improve lives, and support the transition to net zero. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow viable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About a third of the investment portfolio is in Renewable energy. Financial inclusion, Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries and Green infrastructure are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund also manages the Norwegian Climate Investment Fund that aims to contribute to reducing or avoiding greenhouse gas emissions. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investments portfolio amounts to USD 2.7 billion in 200 companies. The number of employees is about 130.Send søknad
With increasing investment activities and a new climate investment mandate, Norfund is expanding its Legal Department. We are looking for an IDD Analyst who will primarily be responsible for collecting and analyzing information related to entities and individuals as part of Norfund’s investment process. Relevant experience from IDD/KYC in an international context is required. Candidates must be able to provide effective support, manage internal and external relationships and appropriately assess Compliance, Business Integrity and reputational risks arising out of Norfund’s activities.
The position is based in Oslo and will report to Norfund’s Senior Compliance Manager. Norfund’s Legal Department currently consists of 5 people based in Oslo, including the Senior Compliance Manager.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Collect IDD/KYC information from Norfund’s investees and other business partners
- Corroborate the collected information with data from Norfund’s IDD screening tool and publicly available sources and identify potential risks
- Present the identified risks to the relevant teams in a structured and timely manner
- Analyze the risks and consider potential next steps in close collaboration with the relevant teams
- Engage with and administer relations with service providers when Enhanced Due Diligence is required
- Assist in responding to Norfund KYC request from business partners
- Deal with complex matters in challenging jurisdictions
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and guidelines
- Be well informed of relevant market practices and available supporting tools
- Further develop Norfund’s IDD routines, tools and templates in close collaboration with the Senior Compliance Manager
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as an IDD/KYC expert in an international business environment, preferably within investments
- Relevant educational background (minimum bachelor’s degree)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of IDD/KYC best practice and tools
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Analytical, structured and curious mindset
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze complex situations and large amounts of data
- Ability to deliver on time and have a proactive and pragmatic approach in assessment of risks and recommendation of mitigants
- Ability to work closely with investment teams and independently when required
- General understanding of Norfund’s mandate, main stakeholders and investment universe
- Excellent communication skills in English are a prerequisite. Other languages considered an advantage
- In this position, it will be an advantage to be able to speak Norwegian.
- Contribute to a diverse, collaborative and multi-cultural environment through cooperation with colleagues and professionals throughout the organization
We can offer:
- A unique opportunity to get experience in a rapidly evolving area, sustainable investments and grow responsibility over time
- A highly competent and international working environment
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
- Full time permanent position based in Oslo
- Travelling may be required
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please submit your application and CV by September 10th 2023.