Investment Manager, Renewable Energy
The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – Norfund - invests to create jobs, improve lives, and support the transition to net zero. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow viable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About a third of the investment portfolio is in Renewable energy. Financial inclusion, Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries and Green infrastructure are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund also manages the Norwegian Climate Investment Fund that aims to contribute to reducing or avoiding greenhouse gas emissions. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investments portfolio amounts to USD 2.7 billion in 200 companies. The number of employees is about 130.Send søknad
Would you like to work with renewable energy and help finance the energy transition in frontier and emerging markets?
As Investment Manager you will be part of our Renewable Energy team in Oslo. The team invests in companies and projects within the renewable energy space in, ranging from investments in generation and transmission projects to companies in more emerging areas of micro grids, home solar systems, and rooftop solar installations. In line with Norfund's mandate, we will invest in companies that have the potential to be profitable and viable and operate socially and environmentally responsible. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working both in teams and independently and be a value addition resource.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Sourcing and identifying new investment opportunities for Norfund
- Participate and lead transaction teams through the full investment cycle from initial screening of opportunities, due diligence, execution of transactions to portfolio management and exit
- Appraisal of investment proposals, with emphasis on valuation, risks and risk mitigation. Leading in due diligence processes.
- Deal structuring and negotiations
- Manage project partnerships and co-investor relationships
- Prepare internal investment documentation and present to investment committee and board with support from transaction team
- Financial analysis, valuation, modelling
- Updating of portfolio management system
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s in business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of accuracy
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Expert knowledge of equity investments, including knowledge of debt transactions and security structures
- Minimum 7 years of relevant investing experience
- Experience from Norfund’s investment geographies
We can offer:
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty and GHG emissions in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- A highly competent and international working environment
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
- International travel and experience
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The job requires work permit in Norway and the position is based in Oslo. Travelling is required.
Please submit your application and CV by February 20st 2024.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, phone: (+47) 989 01 025, email@example.com or Anette Myhre Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, firstname.lastname@example.org.