Investment Director, Renewable Energy
The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – Norfund - invests to create jobs, improve lives, and support the transition to net zero. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow viable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About a third of the investment portfolio is in Renewable energy. Financial inclusion, Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries and Green infrastructure are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund also manages the Norwegian Climate Investment Fund that aims to contribute to reducing or avoiding greenhouse gas emissions. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investments portfolio amounts to USD 2.7 billion in 200 companies. The number of employees is about 130.Send søknad
Would you like to work with renewable energy and help finance the energy transition in frontier and emerging markets?
As an Investment Director you will be part of our Renewable Energy team and get a special responsibility to work with the most demanding projects and turn-around cases. The team invests in companies and projects within the renewable energy space, ranging from investments in generation and transmission projects to companies in more emerging areas of micro grids, home solar systems, and rooftop solar installations. In line with Norfund's mandate, we will invest in companies that have the potential to be profitable and viable and operate socially and environmentally responsible. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working both in teams and independently and be a value addition resource. The person employed will be the project manager for a range of investments.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Sourcing and identifying new investment opportunities for Norfund
- Participate and lead transaction teams through the full investment cycle from initial screening of opportunities, due diligence, execution of transactions to portfolio management and exit
- Appraisal of investment proposals, with emphasis on risks and risk mitigation, and participation in Due diligence processes
- Complex deal structuring and negotiations
- Manage demanding project development processes/partnerships
- Participate as board member, advisory committees or investment committees
- Prepare internal investment documentation to investment committee and board with support from transaction team
- Financial analysis, valuation, modelling and building presentations
- Updating of portfolio management system and investment activity report
- Follow up and troubleshooting in challenging investments
- Be a resource and mentor to others in the department
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s in business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Experience from active ownership/investments
- Documented leadership experience
- Experience from a lead role in equity investments or M&A projects
- Proven ability to manage and independently develop demanding investment projects and turn-around cases
- Expert knowledge of equity investments, including knowledge of debt transactions and security structures
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Result oriented, strong analytical skills and with structured and efficient work style
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with wind and solar projects and work experience from Norfund’s investment geographies is an advantage
We can offer:
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- A highly competent and international working environment
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
- International travel and experience
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The job requires work permit in Norway and the position is based in Oslo. Travelling is required.
Please submit your application and CV by February 20st 2024.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, phone: (+47) 989 01 025, email@example.com or Anette Myhre Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, firstname.lastname@example.org.