Abler Nordic is looking for an Impact & ESG Manager
Abler Nordic AS (former Nordic Microfinance Initiative, NMI) was established in 2008 in Oslo as a partnership between investors from the public and private sector. Private sector investors include pension funds and family offices from Norway and Denmark, and the public sector is represented by Norfund (Norway) and IFU (Denmark). Abler Nordic currently manages five funds and invests in institutions building financial inclusion and climate resilience in developing countries in Africa and Asia. We have offices in Oslo (HQ), Copenhagen, Jakarta, New Delhi and Nairobi, and a total of 22 employees. Abler Nordic’s vision is to contribute to a more inclusive, just, and environmentally sustainable society.Send søknad
Abler Nordic is expanding and looking for an experienced Impact & ESG Manager to join our team in Oslo. Abler Nordic offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on very challenging and interesting investment cases in the developing world.
Based on your knowledge in the field, you will be part of investment teams assessing and analysing investment opportunities, formulating requirements and expectations, and monitoring and following-up the impact performance and ESG risks, both of our individual investee companies and of our aggregate portfolio.
The successful candidate is a professional with a background from the field of impact assessment/ sustainability consulting or ESG management. You are analytically strong, collaborative, business-minded and have sound judgement, both in terms of people and business.
Impact & ESG Manager is a new full-time role and will report to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Drive the development of Abler Nordic’s Impact and ESG Strategy including frameworks and impact assessment methods.
- Be our internal expert, support and challenge our investment teams on all issues related to impact and ESG and engage in dialogue with our investees.
- Contribute to communication initiatives with impact and ESG expertise and perspectives.
- Be responsible for monitoring and reporting on impact results in accordance with current regulations (SFDR in particular) and commitments made to our investors.
- Facilitate reporting of ESG-compliance from our investees.
- Ensure efficient implementation of our Norad-funded Grant Facility for provision of capacity-building projects (Technical Assistance) to the companies in which we invest and report on progress and impact results as outlined in our Grant Agreement with Norad.
- Represent Abler Nordic externally when required.
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree with strong academic records.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, preferably from commercially-oriented businesses.
- Solid knowledge of and interest in impact investing and ESG analysis.
- Result oriented, and with a capacity to work independently with a structured and efficient work style.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage strong relationships with partners across various cultures.
- Excellent communication skills in English, and able to communicate with colleagues in Norwegian.
- Experience from work in emerging markets will be a plus.
We can offer:
- Strong professional growth from identifying, managing, and exiting investments.
- A highly competent and very international working environment.
- A company mission focused on enabling low-income households in developing countries to create a better future, through commercial investments.
- The position is based in Oslo. Travel is required.
Abler Nordic offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on challenging and interesting investments in the developing world. We appreciate diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please apply at the latest by the 4th of March.
For more information, or questions about the position please contact our advisors in Hodejegerne, Åsta Braathen, phone.: (+47) 989 01 025, email@example.com or Anette M. Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, firstname.lastname@example.org