Abler Nordic is looking for a result oriented Senior Investment Manager
Abler Nordic AS (former Nordic Microfinance Initiative, NMI) was established in 2008 in Oslo as a partnership between investors from the public and private sector. Private sector investors include pension funds and family offices from Norway and Denmark, and the public sector is represented by Norfund (Norway) and IFU (Denmark). Abler Nordic currently manages five funds and invests in institutions building financial inclusion and climate resilience in developing countries in Africa and Asia. We have offices in Oslo (HQ), Copenhagen, Jakarta, New Delhi and Nairobi, and a total of 22 employees. Abler Nordic’s vision is to contribute to a more inclusive, just, and environmentally sustainable society.Send søknad
Abler Nordic is expanding and is looking for a Senior Investment Manager to join our investment team in Oslo. Your responsibilities will be to identify investment opportunities, analyse companies, conduct due diligence processes, and prepare a solid decision-making material for Abler Nordic’s management, investment committees, and board of directors. Your work will not be restricted to one specific geographical region.
You will have the opportunity to practice your financial knowledge and expertise as well as your people skills in an international environment with dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Abler offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on very challenging and interesting investment cases in the developing world.
You are analytically strong, collaborative and have a sound judgement, both in terms of people and business.
The candidate should have relevant experience and a proven track record from investment processes, financial transactions, and active involvement in managing investments.
The Senior Investment Manager will report to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Appraise investment proposals and build an investment pipeline in accordance with Abler Nordic’s strategy.
- Participate in and eventually lead investment teams through the full investment cycle; from initial screening of investment opportunities, due diligence processes and execution of transactions, to pursuit of our Value Creation Plan, and ultimately, exit.
- Prepare investment documentation to management, investment committees and board, in close cooperation with colleagues in the various investment teams.
- Assisting in management of the resulting portfolio of investees.
- Valuation and risk analysis, including risk mitigation.
- Planning and execution of exits.
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with strong academic records.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience from investment banking, private equity, consultancy or similar.
- Result oriented, and with a capacity to work independently in cross-cultural teams, with a structured and efficient work style.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage strong relationships with industrial partners across various cultures.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Experience from work in emerging markets will be a plus.
- It is crucial that the candidate can understand, appreciate, and adjust to various cultures and business practices.
We can offer:
- Strong professional growth from identifying, managing, and exiting investments.
- A highly competent and very international working environment.
- A company mission focused on enabling low-income households in developing countries to create a better future, through commercial investments.
- The position is based in Oslo. Travel is required.
Abler Nordic offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on challenging and interesting investments in the developing world. We appreciate diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information, or questions about the position please contact our advisors in Hodejegerne, Åsta Braathen, phone.: (+47) 989 01 025, [email protected]. or Anette M. Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, [email protected]
Please apply as soon as possible.