You will manage your own investment portfolio through investment projects globally. You are analytically strong, collaborative and have good assessment skills in terms of both people and business.
NMI offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on challenging and interesting cases in the developing world.
The candidate should have relevant experience and a proven track record in managing international investments. International work experience is desirable. The Investment Director will report to NMI’s Managing Director.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Build and execute pipeline in accordance with NMI’s strategy.
- Due diligence processes, structuring and negotiation of investments.
- Presentation of investment cases to management, as well as NMI Board and Investment Committee.
- Management of the resulting portfolio of investments, including representing NMI in investee boards.
- Valuation and risk analysis.
- Planning and execution of exits.
- Leadership of investment teams.
- Responsible for fostering social results/impact of investees, supported by NMI’s Social Performance Management Coordinator.
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- Result oriented, and capacity to work independently in cross cultural teams with a structured and efficient work style.
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with industrial partners across various cultures.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian.
- Strong analytical skills.
- International experience.
- Work experience from developing countries is an advantage.
We can offer:
- A small, highly competent, and international working environment.
- International experience and travel (post-Covid).
- Strong professional growth from identifying, managing, and exiting investments.
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments.
- The position is based in Oslo. Travel is required.
NMI offers the opportunity to make a difference and work with local and international partners on challenging and interesting cases in the developing world. We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information, or questions about the position please contact our advisor in Hodejegerne, Åsta Braathen, phone.: (+47) 989 01 025, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 21st of February.
Nordic Microfinance Initiative (NMI) was established in 2008 as a public-private partnership with the aim to invest in and build institutions providing financial inclusion in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The public sector is represented by Norfund, the Norwegian Government Investment Fund for Developing Countries, and IFU, the corresponding Danish government fund. Together with top-notch Scandinavian private sector investors - like DNB, Ferd, KLP and PBU - NMI has so far invested around 200 million USD, predominantly equity, in 20 financial institutions in developing countries, currently reaching close to 10 million clients, of which 95 percent are women and 81 percent live in rural areas. We strive to create both social and economic results and are comprised of 17 highly qualified individuals based out of our offices in Oslo (HQ), Copenhagen, Nairobi, Delhi and Jakarta. NMI’s vision is the empowerment of poor people in developing countries, and creation of jobs and wealth on a sustainable basis.
Åsta BraathenPartner / daglig leder